Things I’ve learned this year
As 2015 draws to an end, here are some things I have finally learned in the past little chunk of life. Most of these are super obvious, pero más sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
- When making sharp turns on your bike, you’re supposed to extend the leg that is on the side toward which you are turning. For example, if turning right, lean right and extend your right leg.
- Cotton really does suck to sweat in. This year I befriended wool and synthetics.
- Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you can’t line dry your clothes anymore — just do it inside. No idea why this had not occurred to me until I read that Germans do so.
- When in a bad mood, listen to metal.
- Once you have an emergency stash, do NOT save money unless you’ve paid off your loans (unless your savings interest exceeds your loans interest, which is highly unlikely). This is basic math.
- It is more enjoyable to have fewer things. Not sure why.