My schoolyear starts Tuesday and Rosh Hashanah follows close behind this year, and I’ve been thinking about things that I want to focus on in the next little while in my life aside from kicking ass in class and getting strong.
– I want to listen more to Silvio Rodríguez because he is so important. I especially want to learn some songs by heart so that I can keep them with me all the time. Charly García too, because they remind me where I come from and help me feel grounded and whole.
– Learn how to have a proper picture taken, ’cause it’s about time I grow up.
– Cultivate the friendships that matter to me.
– Relax. Do zazen, pray, breathe deeply, write letters to my extended family, count my blessings, or do whatever else it takes for me to chill out and cease spending so much energy on freaking out. I think it would be a lot more fun to live with a core of equanimity.
– Create some stability for myself. Specifically, I’d like to find an apartment to stay in for the next couple years, make my finances more sustainable, and make my head a less tumultuous place.
– Continue to appreciate the messes, the pain, the humiliating mistakes, the wholesome corruption that is life.